Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sites and making a website.


https://sites.google.com/site/thewaysofenglish/

Making a website was really fun and challenging!! I really enjoyed the ability to look around the site and see the format that they had as the example and it really gave me some good ideas on how I could make my own site for my students. I did struggle to figure out how to upload hyperlinks and pictures but after some time I eventually figured it out. The site makes it really nice to just type in the site or image URL and it takes it from there. I really enjoyed the versatility that the site allows in the style of the format you can choose. The format style that I chose was the horizontal tab option. I felt like this was easier to navigate for most students or new viewers of the site. The horizontal tab gives a good impression of what the site has too offer and quick links to any interests within the site. Being in the digital age and having students access the internet a lot,  we should not expect them to have a huge attention span. This is why I favor this particular link configuration, it is quick and easy to navigate.

I really liked the revision notes. At first I did not know what to think of it or how it could be useful for me, but I realized that it was good to take a look at those because it let me know where and what I was trying to do. If I ever want to go back and wonder why did I do that or go back because I forgot I can. The revision history is a really great tool to have for organizing and revisiting lost ideas.

1 comment: