Thursday, May 14, 2015


GoogleSheets

Today's assignment I had the pleasure of making a grade book spreadsheet! I found this to be very fun... mostly.. I loved being able to put in the grades and watch the page come a live.  The google spread sheet is very similar to excel. I had used the google spreadsheet only a few times. There were not many differences, but one I did notice was that Excel has a lot more choices for templates that I found more desirable as a future teacher. Certainly I found some pretty good ones for google spreadsheets, but I wanted to implement a grade book that had three separate spread sheets. One for attendance, one for a compilation of points earned and  points earned per week. One thing that I realized was that I would have to formulate my own template for a weekly assignment list. This was my major struggle and eventually I came to a solution but could not implement it fully. I learned a lot by using and making my grade book and cannot wait to give it another try again. Below you will find the link to my grade book.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NJP0vQWf4xyNX5fhggRbVyzaIlddICa3lvqWnzaEjOU/edit#gid=4


Graham Chapter 6
 Taking a look into chapter six we again find how google sheets is great for the common core standards. Common Core leads teachers helps them guide students to understand the process of Mathematics Common Core standards wants to make sure that the students do not just capture the knowledge, but that they can successfully understand how to implement it. Google spreadsheets is a great tool to implement and test this knowledge common core wants students to have.. Being able to see number sense and type in the formula allows students to get a good taste and understanding of how their numbers, how Mathematics can apply to life. Certainly there is a formula we use in google, but the formulas are not posted anywhere, it allows the students to really be creative and explore all the possibilities of numbers and sequences.


1 comment: